Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation is a grant making nonprofit organization established in 2016 to support local, national and regional non – profit organizations working to address challenges and associated vulnerabilities across the African Continent.
ACT Foundation is seeking outstanding candidates to fill in the following positions.
Partnership Engagement Officer
HEAD OF PROGRAMMES/CEO
SUPERVISOR/TEAM LEAD LEVEL(CONTRACT)
The Partnership Engagement Officer is responsible for leading and developing partner relationships and fundraising initiatives across multiple income streams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and Implement a strategy to raise high-value donations from trusts, corporates and major donors.
- Develop strategies with detailed execution plans to achieve greater financial sustainability.
Relationship Building and Management:
- Build strong relationships with internal and external senior stakeholders to support fundraising.
- Make initial contact and follow up.
- Build and maintain profitable long-term relationships with potential donors and partners
- Work closely with the leadership team and trustees to map networks and connections
- Build relationships with high-value potential stakeholders.
- To ensure that the Foundation’s activities receive support and are delivered.
- To achieve a sustainable future for the foundation through proactively identifying, lobbying for and securing income from a range of sources including sponsorship, funding applications and philanthropic giving.
- To establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, partners and with audiences that the foundation is targeting.
- To effectively represent the foundation and communicate its position on a range of policy areas at meetings and events so that the foundation’s voice is heard and its profile raised, nationally and internationally.
Lead generation and development:
- Create a strong portfolio of funding opportunities, managing them from start to finish
- Organise events and other high quality activities to engage existing and potential partners
- Lead on the development of complex funding proposals and pitches
- Create and maintain fundraising resources
- Proactively keep up-to-date with the external fundraising environment, identifying trends and creating innovative responses to maximise ACT Foundation’s fundraising abilities
- Identify and research organizations likely to create a partnership with the foundation.
- Search and research potential donors and foundations to evaluate potential funding sources
- Generate new ideas and business opportunities to increase opportunities for ACT Foundation Financial Sustainability.
- Manage pre solicitation proposal preparations, bid, planning & strategy.
- Identify and track relevant upcoming development finding opportunities.
- Research and approach private foundations& trust, development organisations and Government to explore funding opportunities.
- Work within a flexible framework in order to meet the demands of the service outside usual office hours and travel as required
- Carry out any other duties as might be required within the remit and responsibilities of the post
- Assist CEO and Program team to develop business relationships with potential funders & relevant stakeholders with a focus on organizational & sustainability.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Tenacity, the ability to think differently, solve problems and develop creative solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional skills at building and managing relationships, including the ability to influence and persuade a wide range of individuals and audiences
- Communication and presentational skills including a highly developed writing style with experience of writing professional proposals and reports
- Excellent organizational, research and analytical skills including the ability to assess, prioritise and manage a varied workload Ability to understand and analyse CRM systems to assist in strategic planning
- Entrepreneurial self-starter and leader with initiative, confidence and drive
- Ability to work flexibly and cooperatively with a team in a demanding working environment
- Passionate about making a difference in areas of social policy where the problems of vulnerable and marginalised groups have become entrenched.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a fundraising role, with a strong track record in at least one discipline – preferably corporate or trusts
- Educated to degree level or higher
Experience and knowledge:
- Proven success in fundraising,
- Sound understanding of fundraising techniques, including prospect research, network mapping, cultivation, stewardship and income forecasting
- Experience of establishing and managing effective working relationships with people across varied levels and industry-experience
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans
- Business Awareness
- Managerial effectiveness
- Operational effectiveness
- Strategic perspective
Interested candidates should please send their application to email@example.com
Applicants should submit:
- Application letter stating why they are suitable for the position as well as the value they will add to the foundation
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.