At ACT Foundation, we have adopted a responsive approach to grant making. By funding focused-interventions, we work across a broad spectrum of developmental issues clustered within our focus areas (link focus areas tab).
We believe that grant making is a critical tool in engineering social change, and even more we are inspired by the long and short term partnerships we make. Our strength lies in the partnerships we create and sustain through funding for programs and activities that have great potential of altering the downward trajectory of development on the African continent. Our mission to drive sustainable impact across Africa pushes us beyond boundaries; and as such we always strive to do more.
We are committed to building capacity in the African development sector. Capacity building is a potent way to strengthen the development sector particularly because it encourages the drive for sustainable impact.
Our foundation offers support that aids our grantees/partners in the delivery of efficient and more efficient outcomes to beneficiaries. Updates on our training schedules will be made available on our website, while applications may be requested. In any case, partner organizations may be accorded priority.
COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION
The application process will take Six (6) – Eight (8) weeks
• The Foundation only recognizes communication in English. All applications and further correspondences must be communicated only in English.
• All applications will be made via the online application portal.
• Please confirm that you have adequate internet connection to fill in the application online.
• Ensure that you answer all compulsory questions.
• Ensure that you review your information carefully as required before submitting the form.
• Ensure that you are using the required browser (Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome)
• The duration of the proposed program must be within a maximum of 12 month
• The Foundation reserves the right to disqualify applications that lack the required information.
• Any conflict of interest should be declared at the application stage
• Kindly ensure that you submit an active email address while completing the application form
• The Call for Application portal will open 9th November 2020 and close on the 30th November 2020 11:59 pm (WAT)
Only organizations whose applications are successful will be contacted to submit full proposals. REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
The proposal process will take Ten (10) – Fourteen (14) Weeks
• Only successful applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal with a detailed budget for the grants.
• Proposal must indicate a strong Monitoring and Evaluation Plan as well as show a sustainability plans.
• Applicants will be requested to submit the following documents as due diligence will be conducted on all organizations.
o CAC Form 7
o SCMUL Certificate
o Audited financial report for 2015 and above
o Financial Policy
o Two (2) scanned copies of the reference letter will be required from any past cooperate funder.
o Curriculum Vitae of all members of the project team should be attached to the proposal.
DUE DILIGENCE VISIT AND BACKGROUND CHECK
The due diligence process will take Four (4) – Five (5) Weeks
• Upon final selection of the proposals, organizations will be formally notified of next steps.
• Due Diligence, including interviews and physical visits, will occur during these period.
NOTIFICATION OF GRANT AWARD
The notification process will take Two (2) – Three (3) Weeks
• Successful organisations will be notified of the status of their proposal
• Upon final clearance, successful organization will be invited to attend a compulsory onboarding training.
Grant Eligibility Criteria
• If you are a Nigerian organization applying for this grant, the organization must be registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission for a least TWO years (24 months).
• If you are an organization within Africa, applying for this grant, your organization should be registered with the appropriate legal entity within your respective countries for not less than TWO years (24 months).
• Must be legally registered as a nonprofit organization.(GTE/LTD). However, if you are applying as a social enterprise, the Foundation will only fund initiatives that are not for profit.
• ACT Foundation will not fund any nonprofit whose official bank account name is different from the name of the organization.
• It is required that you show a strong governance structure. Kindly note that the details of the board of directors should reflect in the company’s registration documents. If not, please update.
• You will be required to show evidence of other sources of funding.
• You be required to show audited financial report of no longer than two years before the application to receive funds.
• Organization must show track record of past projects and work done within the ACT Foundation focus area of Health, Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Environment.
• Proposed projects/programs must have a maximum life cycle of 12 months i.e. it must be executed and completed within 6 to 12 months.
• The organization applying is required to have a minimum staff strength of 3 part time/full time paid Individuals.
• The organization is required to be open to an independent audit of the disbursed grants by the Foundation.
• Be a non-profit/non-governmental organization registered under the relevant Laws of the country where it is implementing;
• Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary;
• Program/Initiative must be implemented in within Africa;
• Program must be innovative and impact driven;
ACT Foundation grants WILL NOT be extended to the following:
• Non-profit without a legal Board of Directors or Trustee (as stated in your registration documents)
• Any entity that has mismanaged other Foundations funds in the past
• Political parties, campaigns groupings, institutions or their subsidiaries and affiliates
• Organizations that advocate, promote, or espouse inhumane policies, illegal activities or terrorism.
2021 Application Form
Thank you for your interest in the 2021 ACT Foundation Grant
The 2021 ACT Foundation Grant Call for Application is now Close. Kindly follow our social media pages for more information on the grant cycle